Culturally, historically, and architecturally significant, Oakdale, circa 1838 and 1898, ancestral home of Maryland Governor Edwin Warfield, is a magnificent estate on a tranquil 180-acre tract only 20 miles from both the Washington and Baltimore beltways. On The National Register of Historic Places, the main house boasts 24 rooms and 5.1 baths, comprising over 9,500 sq. ft. Impressive, original detail and craftsmanship are prominent throughout, including 12-inch-thick brick walls, 12 fireplaces and the grand front porch graced by 18' Roman Doric columns. Adjoining the main house via a 120' covered colonnade, Oakdale Hall (2005), is artfully integrated and provides an additional 9 rooms and 5.1 baths comprising 8,870 sq. ft. of space. It provides a superb setting for grand entertaining or concerts and is equally well-suited for use as additional residential space, guest rooms, or as a recreation facility along with the adjoining 60x30 pool. With the countyâs approval for operation of a winery on this property, Oakdale Hall would also serve as an ideal site for wine tastings. The versatile design of this compound might also lend itself to other potential uses such as a corporate retreat, meeting site, offices, or a wedding venue. Outbuildings on the estate include the Carriage House and Gardener's Cottage residences, as well as a brick smokehouse, pond-side gazebo, and tool shed. Equestrian endeavors are served by a massive 3-level stable, and farming operations are supported by an additional barn along with a silo and an equipment shed. The beautiful setting is further enhanced by a stunning 2-acre spring fed pond and several streams. With remarkable visual impact and an evocative setting, Oakdale singularly connects the past and present, offering myriad possibilities on a grand scale for the discerning buyer.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Federal
10 Full/2 Half
16,270 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Yes -2 spaces
Howard County Public School System
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Sitting Room, Sun Room, Foyer, Library, Breakfast Room
- 2nd Kitchen, Butler Pantry, Eat-In Kitchen
- Bath Description
- Whirlpool Bath
- Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Dryer, Electric Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Oil, Hot Water. Radiant.
- 12. Brick, Mantle, Marble.
- Additional Interior Features
- Built-Ins, Cedar Closet, Chair Rail, Wainscoting, Walk-in Closets, Wood Floors, Breakfast Area, Crown Molding, Skylight, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling, 9Ft+ Ceilings
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. 2 Carport Spaces.
- Patio, Porch, Wrap-around Porch, Breezeway
- Composition Shingle
- Pool Description
- Lot View
- Trees/Woods, Pasture, Pond
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Out Building, Landscaped, Front Yard, Side Yard, Trees. Landscaping, Partly Wooded, Pond, Stream/Creek, Front Yard, Sideyard(S), Trees/Wooded.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price